Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A reflection from Steve Jobs

"For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something...almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose."

Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computer (despite having been a college dropout), Stanford University Commencement, 2005

Source: http://news-service.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/jobs-061505.html , as cited in The 4-Hour Work Week, T. Ferriss, Vermilion, U.K., 2008

Note: Steve Jobs was first diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2003. He was born 24/2/1955 and died 5/10/2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment